I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. I know I keep saying I'll post more regularly, but I swear, this week has been busy. I had a wisdom tooth coming in that I got removed yesterday, and my face is swollen like you would not believe - so not FOTDS or putting makeup on my face in general! I've been too headachey and sore to be on the computer for long, but I thought I'd put up my May Favourites to tide you guys over till I come back properly. Which I promise will be soon!
In other good news, I just learned I got a 1st Class degree today! So, a cause for celebration indeed!
And I just hit 500 followers this week, which is amazing. I'll be doing a joint giveaway when my blog's 1st birthday rolls around soon, so keep your eyes peeled!
On to the favourites!
1. Models Own Hed Kandi Nail Polish in Ibiza Mix (£5): I haven't got any swatches of me wearing this, but I did find some over at The PolishAholic. I wear this mostly over nude polishes and it's gorgeous; the perfect multi coloured glitter topcoat with big hexes in it. It's lovely, but limited, so get it fast!
2. NYX Cream Blush in Glow (£5.50): I've spoken about this before, a few times, but I've been using it a lot recently as the weather's warmed up and it's started to feel more like summer. I love cream blushes, and although this one is a touch tacky, it has the most lovely warm pink glow that is perfect for this time of year.
3. NUXE Huile Prodigeuse (£17): You may recall from my original review that I didn't rave about this product, although I didn't not like it. However, recently, in the day I've been using this as a substitute for moisturiser to keep my skin feeling non greasy and light in the daytime. I probably wouldn't use this every day as oils can clog the pores, but when I do use it my skin feels softer, brighter and smoother, without feeling greasy at all.
4. Dior Addict Lipstick in Bobo (£24): A wedding makeup purchase for my mum's wedding, but this has become a strong favourite despite the price. It's such a beautiful, wearable coral colour and the formula is beautiful.
5. MAC Lipstick in Syrup (£13.50): You can see my original review/swatch here. This is a lovely, wearable rose pink that warms up my natural lip colour and just looks effortless and elegant.
6. La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP (cheapest at £9.50 from Escentual): I raved about this when I first got it and my opinions haven't changed -you can read my original review here. This is an intensely hydrating, non-thick, non-greasy balm that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and in fact seems to soothe and heal it, especially on my easily irritated legs. Perfect for getting summer-ready!
7.Yves Rocher Culture Bio Eye Wake Up Care (£15)*: Here's my original review, and I stand by what I said. My undereye area feels softer, smoother and much less dry than usual, and my concealer applies much more easily and settles less into lines throughout the day.
8. Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal (currently on offer for £18.45): Again, pricey, and something I've spoken about before but I cannot rave enough about this super soft, silky formula and the lovely, glowing wash of colour it provides.
9 & 10. Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr in On and On Bronze and Permanent Taupe (£4.99 each, currently 3 for 2): You can see my original review, including eye swatches, here. I love these, and have found myself reaching for them almost every day, whether I'm wearing them alone or under shadow. They are gorgeous colours, don't budge all day and are incredibly simple to use. For that price, I don't see how you couldn't love them!
11. Clinique High Impact Mascara (£16 for full size): I'm still working my way through a large sample tube of this, but love it. It's not too wet or too dry, it's not clumpy and it's not overtly dramatic so I don't feel foolish in the daytime. You can see it on me here.
*This denotes a product I was sent for review. My opinions are always, always, 100% honest and impartial.